Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Bride & Prejudice

From the makers of Bend It Like Beckham comes a Bollywood retelling of the classic Jane Autin tale.

No thats not right. Its more like a Bollywood tribute to the A&E mini-series.

All of the best bits from the A&E series are replicated in an Indian setting, but as a musical. Darcy, Bingley, and Wickham are all there, but Bennett becomes Bakshi and Collins becomes Kholi.

My wife and daughters went to see it last Saturday afternoon and they said it was a hoot. This is going to be a must purchase when it comes out on DVD.

This movie came out last Fall in the UK and is just available here in limited release. We have it in only one theater in one of the four mega-plexes in town and IMDb doesn't list it as available here.

Anyway, I have been instructed to set aside monies to purchase the DVD when it comes out and I have been told that I will get to see it (as will my son) in the near future. I'll let you know my impressions next Saturday.

No comments: